Announcing New Fortress Solutions Technology Scholarships
We are proud to announce The Fortress Solutions Technology Scholarships in Partnership with Dallas College and College of Central Florida.
Recognizing the need for a well-educated diverse tech industry, Fortress Solutions Diversity Scholarships provide pathways to remove barriers to underserved students in Technology related programs that prepare students for dynamic futures in today’s ever-changing technological industry.
The scholarships emphasize diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of underrepresented groups pursuing education/careers.
The scholarships are open to all Dallas College students pursuing a career in technology-related areas of Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, Electrical Telecommunications, Electrical Technology, Electronics Technology, Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Information Technology, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, and Manufacturing Technology and Management.
At College of Central Florida, the scholarships are open to students pursuing careers in similar areas of concentration, including Engineering Technology, Computer Information Technology, Supply Chain Management or Business Administration.
The scholarships will benefit enrolled, full-time students attending any Dallas College Campus (East Field, North Lake, Brookhaven, El Centro, Richland, Cedar Valley, Mountain View, TeleCollege, etc.), as well as any similarly situated students attending College of Central Florida.
Scholarship funds can be used for tuition and course materials (including nontraditional course-learning materials such as software, art supplies, science lab kits, and even medical supplies.
- Must be a Dallas College student (transcript not required).
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Major in Accounting A.A.S, Business Administration A.A.S., Computer Information Technology – Cloud Computing A.A.S, Cloud System Operations A.A.S., Networking Security – Network Administrator and Support A.A.S., Computer Information Technology (PC Support) – Personal Computer Support A.A.S, Computer Information Operations A.A.S., Computer Information Technology - Technology (Programming) – Software Security A.A.S., Computer Information Technology (Web/Internet Services) Web Production and Design A.A.S., Electrical Engineering Technology A.A.S., Electrical Technology- Commercial Electrical Technology A.A.S., Electronics Technology A.A.S., Engineering Technology Electronics Technology A.A.S, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, and Manufacturing Technology A.A.S. Programmer/Developer A.A.S.,
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours for the period of the award.
- Must provide the name and email address for one recommendation from a college counselor, professor or mentor.
- Must meet federal guidelines for financial need. Applicants must complete the entire FAFSA prior to submission of scholarship application.
- The scholarship is open to everyone; that meets the criteria; however, preference will be given to minorities and women applicants if such preference does not significantly detract from Dallas Colleges non-discriminatory policies.
- Recipient must maintain the above requirements to receive the spring scholarship. Failure to do so could result in a loss of scholarship benefits.
The Dallas College Foundation oversees all aspects of the scholarship process, including the application and selection processes, applicant communications, and scholarship recipient monitoring and evaluation. The Foundation will appoint a selection committee to ensure that the scholarship selection process is objective, nondiscriminatory, and free of bias in order to neutralize a variety of biases.
We are very excited to help support the next generation of big-thinkers, do-ers and go-getters. More details regarding scholarship information and beneficiaries to come.